View Single Post
Old
06-29-2008, 08:07 AM
HABitual Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not impressed by the invitees if that would be it. Just looking throughout the league and all the teams have some great names in their lists, though Mayer and Monahan are interesting. But the Testwuide bros? ECHL'ers at best in my opinion. Boisvert, I have no idea who he is though it seems more as a favor to a friend of the Habs familly, ex-habs Serge Boisvert is Éric's father....if we're talking about Éric....

There was much better guys out there, I just don't feel there's too much effort put into that list.....don't feel like the org. believes in that concept....Only guy that made sense in the past years as an invitee was Fréchette....

Don't want to start a debate, and please don't but we should have seen more locals. Now it's the time. You don't want to spend a draft pick so be it. But as an invitee? Or do they want to test Conboy's pugilistic abilities?
This was the same situation last year as well. If you remember, the guy running the camp other than the skating instructors was Chuck Weber the Cincinnati coach. In most cases the try-outs are to fill roster spots there (Beauregard, Desharnais, Gleed,Desjardins,Russell, etc...) were all part of the camp last year and wound up as Cyclones. The invitees will probably follow a similar path and only get Hamilton contracts if they prove their worth after a year at that level. This camp in 99% of the cases, ends with the drafted NCAA players going back to University, the invitees to Cincinnati, and only the graduating draftees and a few of the Junior prospects coming back to the rookie camp in September.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote