View Single Post
Old
06-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
You're right. Some people need glasses.

Kidding aside though, I don't think it's an insult to be a third line player. We seem to have conditioned ourselves that it's top 6 or bust for any forward that we draft.

But the fact of the matter is that top six forward prospects are never as common as they are on prospect site message boards.

Hillier is a nice player who fits into the Ryan Callahan mold. He's an energy guy which almost gurantees that people are going over-project his offense. It's not uncommon. We tend to like/notice the guys who play with some passion. As such we tend to want them to be better players than they are.
Edge, sometimes a projected bottom 6 forward becomes more than a bottom 6 forward...sometimes guys exceed expectations...I have no idea if Hillier is that guy but if somebody thinks that it doesn't make them wrong...

i agree that message boards to inflate our prospects or at a minimum look at them in a glass is half full sorta way but you and i could probably sit here for a day and come up with a 100 guys that we've seen in our lives that exceeded expectations..it does happen...it's not probable but it's not impossible...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote