View Single Post
Old
06-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
If we can't get Sundin I'd like to see Grabovski get a legitimate shot with some good line mates.
I like Grabovski, he's quite an exciting player to watch. I'm just not sold he has exactly what we need. But I do agree that if the plan is to use him, that he gets a more than fair shot with some good line mates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Linemates won't keep Grabovsky on his skates or on the puck.

If we don't get Sundin, I prefer getting a FA winger and putting Higgins at center...that way you don't lose any assets or screw the chemistry.
I really didn't like what I saw from Higgins when he played center while Koivu was out. I would much rather keep him on the wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Please no more Smoke!!

I agree our third line centres at this stage are 4th line centres in Chip, Lappy and Grabs. Of the 3 Chip has the most potential to be a 3rd liner, Lappy doesn't possess the two-way play or hockey sense to play that role and Grabs is too small and his game is one dimensional making him a player more likely as a add in or in the pressbox.

Stoll would be nice, but if all works out Sundin will be #1...who is our #2 Pleks or Koivu and who is the 3rd line then too??? Something I'm willing to live with that's for sure!!
Lol...I don't want Smoke back either. But out of Grabs/Chips/Smoke, Smoke might be the best 2 way player. The 3rd line C position will eventually be Chip's, but I don't think he's quite there yet.

As for if we sign Sundin, I really don't think it will matter who is the #2 or #3 C. As I think Gainey will divide the time between the top 3 lines fairly even.