View Single Post
Old
06-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
One season ago, Ryan Malone was dangled by Pitts at every freaking team and nobody wanted the guy. Now, he has one solid playoff run and he gets the cash.

Me thinks Tampa overpayed. By the way, for those who think that Tampa is going to be solid after these signings, let me just add that they had a much better forward there last year and STILL managed to finish dead last. They have a sucky defence. And I'm not convinced that their 3rd and 4th lines are something to be scared of, really... Lecavalier and St-Louis will be overused yet again and they won't make the playoffs. Not sold on their goalies either.
Offense is not the reason they didn't make it in last year.
Boyle missed a big part of the season and he was their main guy. Would be like us losing Markov and not having a Hamrlik behind.

They didn't have a better offense last year btw. Richards wasn't much of a factor. They got Smith that will help their Goalie situation a lot more and Halpern once healthy will give more balance to their 3rd line with Roberts.
Add Malone who netted 27Goals during his season and has a possibility of becoming a great Power Foward, put him with Stamkos that i don't see producing less than Kane in Chicago and you'll have a great 2nd line duo as well.

With O'Brien coming back even better, Boyle healthy, Kuba will look better and dont be surprised if they went after a D, such as Redden or Rozival..Campbell might be too expensive.

This team will be leaps away from where they were last season buddy.