View Single Post
Old
06-29-2008, 04:08 PM
oreilly22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Nice update guys, thanks.

Good to hear about Santorelli and Geoffrion. It's a bit discouraging to me when I hear we're sort of stuck with some of our third and fourth line grinders due to contracts. I had been hoping that someone like Santorelli was a possibility. But at least I can have hope that some guys about as good, but maybe younger, and with some more potential are in the pipeline.

Stuff I read about Geoffreon says he really made a nice improvement in the last year. So your reports saying he looked good and can skate sound positive. I remember not liking that pick at all. Glad I was wrong and he may someday contribute.

Saying that Wilson stands out to your eyes is positive. You should be able to spot a stakes horse amoung high price claimers. I had to chuckle when the City Paper quoted about when he was asked how he compares himself to Hartnell, meaning someone who made the jump to the NHL right away. He said something like "they don't compare me to Hartnell they compare me to Ron Francis." The guy doesn't lack confidence!

I like hearing that Josi looked sharp. Could be a good pick even though it looks like a logjam at defense. Who knows what shakes out in two or three years.
The good thing about this is after this next season I believe that the flood gates will open on the 3rd and 4th lines as several of the incumbents are set to have their contracts expire. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the contracts of Bonk, Ortmeyer, Nichol, Smithson, and Fiddler all end after next season? Personally I hope we keep Nichol and Fiddler and let some rooks with more potential fill the remaining spots after next season.

oreilly22 is offline   Reply With Quote