Old
06-29-2008, 06:40 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
I cant wait until Tuesday. This way we can stop worry too much about articles that say this or that and just move forward in getting ready for the upcoming season.

This offseason is a big one in terms of the direction this team is going in. It all depends, as you all know, on the impending free agencies of Jagr, Rozsival, Straka, Shanahan, Avery, Mara and Malik.

Think about this for a second. These players (with the exception of Mara and Malik) are basically the core of our team. If they all leave this team is going to be in a complete transition period.

We will be losing our Captain in Jagr and 2 alternate Captains in Shanahan and Straka. Also we will lose a big emotional presence in Avery.

Its hard to imagine how much of an impact replacing the key players will have on the style the team plays, the mood of a the locker room and the way the coach needs to get messages to his players.

We all know the likes of Shanny, Straka and Jags are extremely infuential on the team and most of all the young players.

To a point, direction of the entire organization depends on Sather's decisions to re-sign or not re-sign a Jagr or Shanahan.

If most or all of these players move on, whether to other teams or retirement, we might be entering a couple year period of completely rebuilding where the season would be considered a success if you just make the playoffs.

It is somewhat sad to see a period with pretty good results (I like to call it the Jagr Era) suddenly come to an end.

The next few seasons are pretty much riding on just this years July free agency period.
I think the direction is clear. That was the reason for signing Drury and Gomez.