Thread: NY rangers
View Single Post
Old
06-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Speedtrials

vCash: 500
The Rangers have come a long way as an organization since the lockout. They are just now starting to see the benefits of the change in philosophy they made in 04. They already have a foundation of home grown talent in Staal, Callahan, Dubinsky, Dawes, Prucha, Tyutin, Girardi, and Lundqvist. Then you factor in younger prospects like Cherepanov, Sanguinetti, Anisimov, and Korpikoski it appears they will have some excellent talent to add to that foundation. Now not all these prospects and young players will pan out, or continue to develop. However, the Rangers are way past the point of having to "buy" all their players. Last season, they identified Drury and Gomez as two players they would spend big money in order lead the franchise for a long time. Outside of those contracts, the only money they have spent since 04 is on stop-gaps like Shanny, Straka, Rucinsky, Malik, Nylander, and those were mostly one to two years deals. Every off-season the Rangers are rumored to be in the mix for every big free agent, even though since 04 they have only been a major player once. This thread was just getting really nasty, and as a Ranger fan I just wanted to defend what I think is an unfair label about my team at this point.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote