View Single Post
Old
06-30-2008, 07:38 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Truthfully I'm not a fan of Hossa's. I think he's soft--that he plays his best when he's the second banana not the first. That's what it's been like in Ottawa, Atlanta and Pittsburgh. On top of which I'm wondering that if the Rangers sign him for $8 mil + for the next 6 years they won't be taking themselves out of the market when some better player comes along. This will be the guy who leads the offense for the next few years if we sign him--and at this point I wouldn't call him a slam dunk HOF'er. Rangers may make the playoffs with him being the key offensive guy but legitimate hopes for a Stanley Cup with him leading the way are a pipedream.
I think you worry about someone better coming along when they come along and worry about today, well today.

The Rangers need a winger that can score goals and Hossa fits the bill.My only concern would be years. But I would not let that be the determining factor. If the his decision was between the Rangers and anothe rteam and all we had to do was add a year or 2, I'm adding the years.

My offer would be 45 over 5

Cap hit would be 9 million which is a number he will absolutely get tomorrow.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote