View Single Post
Old
06-30-2008, 09:24 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
I actually thought about that today. But the only reason I thought that was because since Hartnell left we haven't had anyone that has a big body and goes to the net, consistently. And Wilson has been doing that. Also, his skating reminds me of Legwands, it seems very smooth. I think it's going to be a hard decision as to whether he goes back to BU or to Mil (can he?) or starts in Nashville.

They did some 2-on-2 scrimmage today and Wilson was great on defense, he kept the guys wide and took them off the puck. Defintely can see he takes care of his own end well.

The goalies looked better Friday than Thursday. Much sharper. After the whole practice Mitch Korn kept about 10-12 skaters and all 4 goalies and put the goalies through a rotation of drills. One was right in front of me where a player banks the puck off of some boards that Korn had set up next to the net and the goalie has to play the bank of the shot off the board. It was funny, all 4 goalies started out strong, up and down, glove saves, side to side, really into it wanting to impress. After a few minutes you could see how tired they had got and it was taking longer to get up and get from side to side or to make a save.

Blake Geoffrion's mom was there for a while. He really does look bigger and stronger. I was really impressed with him.

Franson looked better today, he broke up some 2-on-1's and had a sweet goal in the 2on2 scrimmage.

I sat beside her Friday and talked for a little bit. She said that the new guys were great. Blake really thinks alot of Colin Wilson, is a great hockey player and a great guy all around. She said, "we really like him, but he plays the same position as Blake so I dont like him too much." It was pretty amusing.

Franson looked great out there, great positionally, seemed pretty strong.

I noticed the goalie energy level too. Dekanich really struggled with the "deflecting pucks off of the boards" drill. he was absolutely gassed.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote