View Single Post
Old
06-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
SoS...

I remember some of what you mentioned - and agree with some. I actually do remember Gomez playing well with Jagr and Avery - it was short-lived, but the line initially looked real good and tapered off (on the scoreboard) shortly thereafter and Dubi, who was just hitting his stride with Prucha and Cally, was moved to replace Gomez.

I also remember his linemates not finishing. There was Straka at ES, along with Hossa, who played about 15 games and had zero goals. Dubi was his centerman for a while with only one goal. He gave them the chances, but they weren't buried.

As for his PP time being down - that is true, but to be honest with you, this is where Jagr somewhat failed (although I don't place the blame totally on Jags). His PP time was down because his PP unit sucked. The PP runs through Jagr - and that's fine since it was in the top 10 the prior two seasons. But it never got going. And part of the blame is on Jagr. I think some of it was on coaching because Dubi did not belong out there as his centerman. Dubi didn't move around on the PP with the puck, which meant Jagr didn't move around, which meant the PP didn't move around, which meant the PP was useless (many asked why Prucha didn't score on the PP - watch the tapes and count how many times the puck actually made it to his side of the ice - most PPs it was zero).

So yes, I agree that stats don't tell the whole story, and I don't believe that Jagr's 71 points (and 1.5 points per game in the playoffs), weren't a sign of a player who will tally only 50 points this season and is totally done.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote