View Single Post
Old
06-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
I think people peg him into the top 4 D as it gives him an experienced vet in Hamrlik to learn the game from. I think you are right to suggest he is still a little 'green' although that is to be expected from any player with his level of experience (or lack of) in the NHL. Especially with young players learning to play D or in goal in the NHL. Given time and some experience I think he could fill a top 4 role on the Habs. Although I want to see how his play with the puck adapts in the NHL. There were times last year where I was very disappointed with what he tried doing when he had the puck in the AHL. But he didn't seem to make as many mistakes in the NHL as far as I could tell without watching most of the games.

I can see why he might be a little overrated in some peoples eyes, but I think there is more than enough potential for him to become a #4 guy on the blueline. He might not be the best guy for that role right now, although it can be argued, but in the near future, he could easily make the spot his own. Being right handed will help his cause as well until Subban and the rest of those kids are ready to challenge him.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote