View Single Post
Old
06-30-2008, 11:28 AM
And You Feel Shame

vCash: 500
I think for some it also comes from the fact that, with the #5 pick, we had our focus set on players we read could be drafted in that range... Schenn, Filatov, Boedker, or one of the big 3 D if someone else took Filatov or Schenn early. Josh Bailey wasn't on the radar, and as such, is an unknown for a lot of us. Colin Wilson got tossed in as a possible trade-down candidate, so I'm sure a lot of us took a look at him too.

We were looking forward to whomever we thought was the best/most exciting of the handful we read about or looked at youtube clips of... once we traded down, we were looking at a bunch of players we hadn't seen much of, or read much about, and of those I think Josh Bailey is the one I knew the absolute least about.

My wife had to talk me off the ledge on Friday. By late Saturday I was much happier, however. I still would have loved to see Filatov in an Isles sweater, but I trust the scouts, I like what I've read about Bailey since then and I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to offer.

And You Feel Shame is offline   Reply With Quote