View Single Post
Old
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
So what would you prefer? Sign Pandolfo and call it a day because we are a "defensive minded" team?

I cant even count the amount of times I read this board last year, only to have people *****ing and moaning that the team couldn't score.

Entrusting top 6 forward spots to players that have never produced at that type of level in the NHL is a recipe for disaster....and thats where this team is headed if it doesnt take the Sundin/Jagr possibility by the horns right now.
I'm saying bringing in forwards who are thinking "offense first" is a recipe for disaster if it means skimping on defense. This team plays defense first whether you like it or not, and if you start diverting resources for forwards who DON'T play defense like Sundin and Jagr then you run a risk of hanging your defense full of budget cutting players out to dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
we are a defensive minded team b/c our forwards aren't that great offensively... Gomez and Jagr are the only forwards that can really be considered great... Drury is slightly above avg... and the rest are young players trying to find there way.

i can almost guarantee you that if Jagr and Sundin are together on a line, and Drury and Gomez are together on another line we will become a more offensive minded team.
So we brought in two centers last year that are known for their two-way game, but we're not going to be a defensive team down the line?

Point being, you can't become a more 'offensively minded' team if your defense can't pick up the slack.