View Single Post
Old
06-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Yeah, but still mostly paid by the Federal Government though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Yes the provinces have administrative control... but you do realize that a large percentage of the money comes from the federal government via equalization and transfer payments..... SO the Fed govt is still paying for it.... and yes it is via taxes...
So basically the federal chose the wrong powers (well those that were important at the time and aren't as much now) and use this tactic as a way to promote their views in fields that aren't theirs.... Thx for this little federalism lesson, now I understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
FF I can sympathize. I lived in Montreal for years and I don't wish every Quebecois(e) gets hit by a bus. Of course, I *moved away* since I didn't care for it, but I'm happy to live in a place where you can hold your opinion, I can hold mine, and we can still exist without trying to hurt each other.

IMO La Belle Province is clearly its own country, I'm a franco-manitobain and I don't understand why anglos don't see that. But as long as it is part of Canada, I'm happy to live in a place where we can disagree and no one comes to lock us up. That's worth celebrating any time !

P.S. If anybody wants to burn a flag, go ahead, a burning flag is allowed in Canada and we aren't so scared to think that the world will end from one flag on fire. Freedom of expression is real liberty.
What I don't understand is those that cry and moan that Québec "steal their money" (like a bunch of other provinces that receive Equalization payments btw) are the same that don't want Québec to be free. It's like having a tapeworn and refuse to get rid of it because you're afraid your intestine won't work the same way... Doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
but if you don't like who you are paying taxes to, then like I said before; don't pay your taxes.
alright, but if I get arrested, I'll them a mod on Hfboards told me to do it.

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote