View Single Post
Old
06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know it's not common on these boards but there are actually a big gap between being disappointed to not see any movement and want Gainey fired because of it.

I still think we're a couple of guys away from being a real contender. We still don't have a solid top 4 d-man, we still need 1 top 6 forward and still don't have a real shutdown line.

Having said that, I'm not expecting anything, so I won't be dissapointed.
All this can come true.

I expect LAtendresse to be paired up with Koivu and Tanguay, if he works hard this summer on his skating, he'll be a great addition to the top6 Players.

Having him up there will also make our 3rd line great.
Higgins-Chipper-SKost are all capable of playing well defensively with great offensive upside.

This would make 3 good top lines, with a decent 4th ''energy'' line of Lapierre-Begin-Kosto (Dandy)

O'Byrne will be our #4 D and a good one at that as well. Still has some learning to do, but with his size, along side Hamrlik, he'll be good.

Just like before last season, don't underestimate our youngsters. We have very capable players and all the requirements needed according to you can come from within.

That's why adding a guy like Sundin or other big UFA, would just higher our depth.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote