View Single Post
Old
06-04-2004, 02:11 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
The point is that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
After spending 4 years in college it took Leclair about 4 more years to reach his potential. Ortmeyer is a very good 4th line player, what does he have to do with it? York got lucky that the Rangers didn't have a 2nd line center, and he was put on a line with players that can score. Guerin spent only 2 years in college, did that hurt his career?
they are better prepared to contribute to the team in other ways than scoring.

Guerin was a medicore player before going to Edmonton I would love to see Jessiman have as good a career as Guerin, no doubt, but I believe that he would be better able and prepared to contribute after his college career is over.

John LeClair was instrumental to the Montreal Stanley Cup win in his 3rd year. In fact if it weren't for LeClair, the Habs don't win the cup that year, so I would contend that he made a much bigger impact than you are letting on.

As for York, more often than not he was the best player out of his line, but it's easy to down play that when it doesn't suit your needs.

As for Jed, the fact that he has been able to stick in the NHL without any scoring ability whatsoever should tell you alot about what College has been able to do for him. The fact that he knows that game is a tribute to the practice he put in on the college level.

Defence is something that can be taught and either in the AHL or NHL Jessiman would not have the time ot dedicate himself to learning that part of the game. I'd rather have him fully prepared than spend additionaly time learnign that part of the game.