Thread: Zidlicky traded
View Single Post
Old
07-01-2008, 06:16 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
If we save a few bucks, fine. I hope the club becomes profitable. It's not like we're going to have one of the low payrolls.

I'm not sure what people expected, Zids get bashed on here all the time, and every GM in the league expected we needed to move him. Yet when he does leave it's "He was great! Teams should have been throwing first round picks or top six forwards at us!"

If he was great, we'd want him on the team. Our defense is not yet great, just heading strongly in that direction.

We got a guy who looks about like a second round pick level who proved out. I'll bet he could step in a play third/fourth line and have people happier than Fiddler, or even Tootoo would. Maybe not, maybe he'll never play. But Hobey Baker finalist and some scoring touch at 6-2 215 isn't cheese. And then we got a second. Good.

I don't get it. We didn't seem to make a great steal here. But we didn't get ripped off either. Two potential players for one who is decent/good. Plus saved some money. Seems ok. We had to free up defensive space, and the trading partners knew it. I'd rather get this not so bad deal now then hang on to long looking for a great trade.

During the draft some were upset we didn't stock up the forward spot in skill or (mainly) size.Now we just added one. So we've got Geoffreon and now Jones, as guys with size and some skills to upgrade us there. And Wilson.

I like getting a forward with some size and skill. Even if he will never be top two line stuff.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 07-01-2008 at 06:32 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote