Old
07-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Hear me out Habs fans...

I have listened all year as the season progressed about the young talent and future that this team has, and that the future is bright for this team...

Next year the Habs have 8 UFAS including: Tanguay, Kovalev, Koivu, Begin, Kostopoulos, Boullion, Dandenault, and Komisarek...

They also have 4 RFA's which include: Higgins, Plekanac, Chipchura, and Latendresse.

If the talent pool is so young and has so much potential, and a lot of the UFA's next year are the core, then don't you find it a little scary to have Montreal potentially signing Hossa to 6+ years at 9 million?

I was wondering also if it scares any fans that for the first time in a decade Habs fans are very optimistic about their youth movement, and the potential centennial might force management to make some acquisitions that will cost them youth in the near future? (no cap room to sign them all when the time comes)

When I hear about Hossa, Sundin, and Bertuzzi coming to Montreal it seems to be very contradictory of the current roster...

Being wary of acquiring good players for fear of potentially losing good players down the road is probably akin to not wanting to have kids out of fear they may move out of the house some day.

I don't think there's centennial pressure, if there's pressure it comes from the fact that Montreal are in a window where they have a good mix of players that can compete for championships, and to earn his money Gainey has to get them over the top. Gainey's job gets relatively difficult now.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote