Thread: See you Sean
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
If Sean really wanted to stay in New York like he supposedly wanted to, he would've accepted the 3.35 million/year deal he was offered yesterday. I loved Sean to death, don't get me wrong, but for a guy that disappears half the time in the playoffs when the team needs him most to do his thing, I don't see how a 2 million/year raise is justified.

Count me amazed if Sean plays any more than 75 games in a season for the rest of his career. The guy has been injury prone beyond belief. I for one wouldn't pay $4 million a year for a guy that will give you only 50-60 games a year.

Granted he played through a lacerated spleen in Game 3, he was a non factor that game and in Games 1 and 2 of the Pittsburgh series outside of a single goal in Game 1. He was paid to be an agitator, but did he get in the face of Fleury or throw any of Hossa, Malkin, or Crosby off of their games at any point in that series? No.

I wish Sean the best, and I give him credit for playing the free agency market like a fiddle. Go and take a look at the Stars board and the Stars' fans reaction to this deal, just to put it in perspective.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote