Thread: See you Sean
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2008, 02:56 PM
NotAloneJustBlue

vCash: 500
What's with all the fatalist comments provoked by Avery's departure? This is almost as ridiculously as the manwagoners for Malone and Campbell. All the UFAs got overpaid and Avery is no different. As far as his departure coming back to haunt the Rangers? Oh please!

I loved the guy and was ecstatic when he got here because this team has been sorely lacking the grit, tenacity, and overall nastiness this guy brought since Gravy left (Barnaby made an honorable effort but Simon, McCarthy, Kaspar, et al went soft in blue). But all is not lost, I love the pop that Callahan plays with and I believe that the more confidence he and others like Staal, Girardi, etc. build while maturing will allow them all to bring much needed edge to the blueshirts.

And let's face it, Avery's style is conducive to injury. I'm not ignoring the stats with him in the lineup but they aren't reason enough to overpay for someone who arguably is not a top four forward. Forget about his antics, I loved the fact that a world class goalie could be thrown off his game by that nonsense so more power to him. But, unless I'm mistaken, didn't he basically disappear in both 2nd rounds of the playoffs (understandably so last year). Yes, he was a good Ranger and he played hard but saying ridiculous things like "he gave it his all" for a 104 games or similar just sounds silly. He disappeared plenty! We will miss his tenacity but hopefully the others will step up and I think, based on all the "give the young guys a chance" mantra, this would be something most on this board would be happy with. Thank you Sean and best of luck, contrary to popular opinion this is NOT the darkest day in Ranger history nor is this something that is going to come back to haunt the Rangers....that is until Sean Avery scores the game winning goal for the Stars to defeat the Rangers in Game 7 of the 2009 Stanley Cup finals...there's better chance of him designing our next alternate jersey.

NotAloneJustBlue is offline   Reply With Quote