View Single Post
Old
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
predhead1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I hope people know a lot about Hornqvist that I don't. I can't find much video or scouting reports. But he seems decent. But penciling him in as a top six forward? Seems very optimistic to me.

I don't see why one of the Santorelli's wouldn't be as good. Is the Swedish league so much better than the AHL or WHL type levels? Hornqvist's numbers are good but not great in that league. He'd have to keep similar numbers in the tougher NHL to be decent on a second line.

I'm more interested in the bigger guys, such as Ryan Jones, or even Geoffreon. Even though it'd be nice to have a skill forward such as one of the Santorelli's, or Hornqvist if the love for him here is correct.

I guess I'll vote for Franson. Not sold on our forward prospects. Although if "who is the number two" means who will play the soonest, maybe it is Hornqvist. I just am not as optimistic he'll play great. Changed my mind. I'd be more excited if Jones knocked off one of our 3rd/4th line guys this season then if Hornqvist makes it and plays second line just because we don't have anybody else for that spot. I really, really hope for an upgrade on the deeper lines. I'll vote for Jones. Very good college production, and could step in on our lower lines and be an upgrade.

Edit: No vote yet. No Jones.
Hornqvist was the 2007 SEL rookie of the year and had a very good showing at the World Hockey Championships this year, scoring quite a few goals. Lots of people seemed to think he was one of the better players in the tournament.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote