View Single Post
Old
07-02-2008, 09:41 PM
abracanada

vCash: 500
Something I found interesting was the concept of players like Iggy and Regehr bringing along young players now.

The year of the cup run, there were a lot of veterans mentoring young stars like Iginla and Regehr. Guys like Gelinas who played his heart out, and would not say die. Nilsson had a great playoff series. Conroy was at his peak. Warrener was another one. Yelle played great. Donovan was phenominal. They gave it their all. We have a lot to thank those guys for.

Now, the guys doing the mentoring, are a lot more talented. Overall, this team has made steps forward when it comes to personnel and they outgrew the old guard. This team definitely looks much much stronger than the one that thrilled us in 04.

I also noticed Sutter mentioned 5 of the defenders were on the upswing. I took that to mean he felt Aucoin was on the downslide. Maybe so but I hope he proves him wrong.

The room is going to be re energized. High tempo speedsters who are aggressive should change the face of this team. Glencross, Bourque, Greentree and Prust all bring energy and aggressiveness. They will also challenge eachother to bring everything they've got. (I can picture a pretty rough training camp coming up).

For those who question Keenan and what he brings to this organization, I believe you are getting a taste of it now.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote