View Single Post
Old
07-03-2008, 02:49 AM
OILFAN #81

vCash: 500
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr080703.html

Jagr, Rangers parting ways?

The New York Daily News reports the Rangers and star forward Jaromir Jagr might be going in two opposite directions.
The Rangers have offered Jagr a one-year, $6 million deal and the superstar would prefer to sign a two-year contract.

According to the paper, there has been a lack of communication between the Rangers and Jagr's agent.

Rangers GM Glen Sather was focused on another player Tuesday and pitched a more lucrative offer to Marian Hossa, who signed with Detroit.

The Daily News also claims the Rangers offered defenseman Brooks Orpik a five-year deal worth more than the $3.75 million annual salary he'll receive from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Asked if that meant the Rangers had decided to move on without Jagr, Sather told the newspaper: "I'm not saying that. It may be a reality."

Jagr, meanwhile, has received an offer from the Edmonton Oilers and said he isn't sure if he'll be back in New York next season.

"First of all, I'll tell you one thing, I'm not angry because I always believe that everything that happens, happens for a reason," Jagr told the Daily News. "It's possible. Everything is possible.

"But it doesn't look to me like I was their first choice. And I don't know if I was No.2 or No.3."

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote