View Single Post
Old
07-03-2008, 06:32 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
He's basically a 3rd line center these days, certainly not a top 6 forward. We need scoring on the wings, not a 2 way pivot.
Like I said, unless we get Jagr or Sundin, or pull off another big trade, the options are limited. He's actually one of the best ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenAF View Post
Fedorov made it very clear what he wants last season.

Fedorov wants a coach and a system that allows the players the freedom to use hockey sense (if they have it) in the right situations. He does not want to play in a rigid system that enforces certain rules on players, such as "you must always dump the puck in at even strength." If he sees a odd-man-rush opportunity, he wants the freedom to pursue it.

Finally, Fedorov has made it clear that he wants an chance to be an impact player, which can be on offense, defense, or both. He wants the opportunity to play on either the PP or the PK. And he wants to play at least 16-18min a game.
I don't have a problem with the second part of what you said, because I feel he's still capable of that. I'd certainly put him on the PK, as he's a tremendous defensive player, and on the PP, where his talent and creativity can still be effective.

As for the first part, that I don't have an answer for. I know he wasn't a big fan of Hitchcock's system, but I know Hitch is very, very strict. I didn't know Feds was so adamant about that, however. Has he been quoted saying this?

I will say, though, that if he cares about winning, I don't know how many teams there are out there that meet these alleged demands while having a need for a guy like him.

Hell, I actually think he should just stay in D.C., but if he doesn't, I don't think the Rangers are such a bad option for him, and vice versa.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote