View Single Post
Old
07-03-2008, 08:56 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
is not better than last year's team. It still has some moves left in it. I like the idea of Zherdev and Fritsche - I was hoping, though, that Zherdev would be a different player though - but like the idea. The question is, will the next new Ranger be a UFA signing, or acquired via a trade (Prucha's still here).

Why is this team no better than last season? I don't think the defense is much improved.The PP may be better, but someone will still have to bury chances, and who will be the right winger on the top two lines? Finally,is there a top 6 forward who can go in there, win battles and muck it up? Is there any offensive weapon that oppositions will fear?
Our defense was pretty good last year. Even if you want to call Redden/Tyutin a wash in terms of defensive play, he is an upgrade for the PP as you've noted. And Rosy should be 100% healthy, which he wasn't for the 2nd half last year.

On the offensive side, I think you are underestimating what other players will be able to do with increased ice time. You don't think other teams might fear a line with Gomez and Zherdev on it?

There's obviously still some moves to be made in any case, so let's see how it plays out.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote