View Single Post
Old
07-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Oh, and just because Sullivan retires, doesn't mean we don't have to pay him. His 3 million dollars counts against us no matter what.
On Sullivan: Your statement is flawed. It has widely been reported that we have 75% of his contract insured. We may be paying him his 3.25 million, but really, we are only cutting him a check for around 800k. Additionally, he could easily be put on long term IR, removing his cap hit (which means nothing to the Preds because there is about a 0% chance of us spending to the cap).

Smokey and I mentioned this in another thread, but back when Demitra was a free agent after the lockout, the Predators reportedly offered him the same or more than he received in LA (4.5 million I believe). For this reason, I think we probably do have interest in him, as guys Poile likes tend to stay on his list for long periods of time (see Brendan Witt ). Other than that, I have no idea whether he still has interest in bringing Demitra here. I would say we would have to spend 8 million over two years (low end) to 17 over 4 years....He could make anywhere from 3.5 to 4.5 million annually IMO....