View Single Post
Old
07-03-2008, 08:47 PM
lundy

vCash: 500
I think we all need to understand that losing the core from last year, is actually not a bad thing. Jagr, while we love him for bringing our franchise back to respectability, had a very very off year, and let's face it, he didn't mesh well with either Gomez or Drury. And say what you want, but those two are here for a long time, so it's important to work around them.

Shanny and Straka, I love you, but you guys were ineffective. Avery, I'll miss the **** out of you.

But going back to an earlier post, when we got Avery, NO ONE, NO ONE, thought he was going to be what he was. If any one of you back then thought he was going to be the spark that brought us deep into the playoffs then you're ****ing Nastradamous.

Aaron Voros is very similar to Avery, he can score, he can pass, he can fight, and he can hit. He doesn't have Avery's pedigree, but when Avery came to our team, he was a guy who we all thought was a fourth line agitator. Let's see what the guy's got before we dismiss him.

Look, Zherdev, Naslund, Redden...maybe overpaid, but definitely exciting. You can say the team might have chemistry issues, but you can't say that this isn't a good move team wise. We got rid of an aging core, and replaced it with younger guys, shorter contracts and more openings for Hartford players.

We still have the same tools we had last year, I'm excited to see Staal with Redden, and I think Redden could teach Staal a whole lot about being offensive from the blue line.

And you know what? Naslund isn't a joke either, while Jagr is unreal, Naslund didn't have a shabby career either, so while I think he can still put up good numbers, whose to say the guy doesn't teach our younglings some lessons?

It's obviously too early to tell, but let's not be so pessimistic here.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote