View Single Post
Old
07-03-2008, 09:45 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If the 3rd line is meant to out run the other team, do we want a guy as slow as Shanahan out there? It's not about his production, its about the fact that he can't keep up with the pace of play anymore.

Korpikoski, Moore, Fritsche, Callahan, Sjostrom, Byers, Betts, Voros, Rissmiller and probably Dubi from the way things are going.

Did we just bring in three NHL ready guys in Fritsche, Rissmiller and Voros to play in the minors? Highly unlikely.

I love Shanny. He was always one of my favorite players growing up; but at the same time, at some point you have to draw the line and realize maybe the guy just can't quite hack it anymore. I think bringing the guy in as a role player just tarnishes the career he's had. Not to mention if we're not looking for him to score, isn't there another player in the lineup that can provide two-way ability while still being fast? Korpikoski strikes me as that guy.
Agreed. No Shanny. He can't play the style the rest of the team is built to play. Furthermore, he either comes in and a) plays a 2nd line role he's no longer suited for OR b) plays 3rd/4th line ahead of one of the 10+ guys we already have who are ready to play those roles.

Furthermore, the Trottier example another poster cited is the exception, not the rule. Much more often the once great player signed to play limited minutes winds up getting leaned on way too much. Messier, anyone? Heck, Shanny 07-08, anyone?

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote