View Single Post
Old
07-03-2008, 10:36 PM
NHLhockey1234

vCash: 500
I don't think we are for better or for worse. Yes, we are worse off in trying to get a Stanley Cup next year. Please tell me an instance where a Stanley Cup winner had an entire team basically change the year before. Prove me wrong and I'll shutup and do my homework before I post. For example, Detroit (who won the Cup this year) has had great many players >+4 years, Hasek, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Osgood, Zetterberg.

Renney is not the type of guy in my mind to manage an entirely different team and push the team deep into the playoffs. We've changed everything. We should have changed our coach as well. I'm not a Renney hater, I'm just saying that we won't win the Cup this year with an entirely different team, it's taken us three years to get in the playoffs. It will probably take us now 3 years to be in the Stanley cup Finals. If Renney's win-loss total is lopsided midway in the season, I think he should get the axe and we should move on with another coach.

Maybe I'm high off of work today, but I'm just damn frustrated by this major overhaul. I don't know what to say about it. Getting New York Hockey and Basketball to winning a championship is like solving a complex quantum mechanical equation.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote