View Single Post
Old
07-03-2008, 11:14 PM
texastech88*

vCash: 500
The team is better. end of story.

I don't know about anybody else...but I am soooo sick and tired of hearing how.."OMG gomez will not be able to play without Jagr clearing the way for him"....."Your gonna miss Jagr, because he draws so much attention"...and "Gomez can't score 70+ pts now because he will face 1st line defenses"

yes this is true Jagr does draw attention...but its being blown out of proportion. Now I am a little shady on who Gomez played with in NJ...but I know he did play with Gionta/Elias at one point and they tore it up....Also they were the Devils' first line. GOMEZ is not some decent player who was only playing well because he was with Jagr. He is a top talent in the NHL...he has been on the first line before, I think he knows how to handle it. If anything Jagr was restricting Gomez from playing his game. Now he is with Zherdev and Naslund. Two fast players who have a knack for scoring...They should mesh well.

Also everyone is freaking out about chemistry. JAGR was the reason for the chemistry problems. Nothing was working for JAROMIR, so things were constantly changing. I guess management was in denial that he was declining. When Gomez was put on other lines he flourished same with Drury. The only reason Dubinsky worked out is because Jagr liked him and wanted to mentor him. THE PRIMADONNA IS GONE! Be happy, things are gonna gel, BANK ON IT!

texastech88* is offline   Reply With Quote