View Single Post
Old
07-04-2008, 06:19 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
In some ways, I'm sad that he didn't stay in the NHL. I would have no problem if he went to Edmonton. OTOH, we as Ranger fans are at least spared the sight of him terrorizing us on a line with Malkin or Crosby. Thanks a lot, big fella. You dragged us out of the dark ages and helped to make us respectable, when many people thought, (including myself) we had no shot at the playoffs in 2005-6. The last two years have been rough, coming the shoulder injury, and the struggles of last year. But, your playoff performance was one last glimpse of your greatness. And, I wanted so badly to see you and Shanny lift the Cup on Ranger home ice...it just wasn't meant to be. And, you may still help the Rangers next year, if you can help mold Alexei Cherepanov the way you did Brandon Dubinsky. Thanks a lot, big fella...thanks for coming to NY and not simply earning a retirement check, but actually lifting the franchise on your big shoulders. And, when Milbury is done kissing your butt, he can do the same thing to the Rangers fanbase...you'll be missed.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote