View Single Post
Old
07-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Northern Neighbour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastoftheBest11 View Post
I still think that the Oilers have the better forward core. We have a pretty even Defense altogether, we are just better at different aspects of the game.

which line would you rather prefer?

Bourque-Lombardi-Boyd or Penner-Horcoff-Nilsson?

Glencross-Conroy-Moss or Schremp-Cogliano-Brule?

Greentree-Primeau-Prust or Moreau-Brodziak-Pisani

And when even comparing the first lines:

Camalleri-Langkow-Iginla or Cole-Gagner-Hemsky, I would definitely prefer the latter.

Camalleri and Cole are pretty much non-existent as both are not speculated to return to their respective teams once they hit UFA next season.

And when it comes down to Langkow-Iginla or Gagner-Hemsky, I would much rather go with Hemsky and Gagner for the long run. Even if you have the better top line currently, we have the better forward core, but everyone here doesn't seem convinced
The Oilers easily have a better group of young forwards than the Flames. I don't think anyone would argue that.

But if looking at just this season and how the forwards will perform, the Flames' top unit likely will be the most productive, and that may be enough to put them over the top.

Also, I would take Iginla over any forward on either team and it wouldn't be close. He's 33 years old, but likely will play for several more years. He's one of the top-5 players in the game.

Gagner would be my 2nd choice due to his potential and skillset.