View Single Post
Old
06-07-2004, 01:03 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich
Honestly, I don't see what anyone has seen in Brewer over the past 2 years that makes them think he can be a #1. He was a better player 2 years ago than he is now and hasn't shown any signs of returning to that player.

As for Klesla, he hasn't yet shown he doesn't have what it takes to be a #1 while I think Brewer has.
Hmm not much of an arguement really. Brewer has been named to multiple winning international teams and as recent as a few weeks ago was the best d-man in the championships apart from Neidermeyer. And he didn't look out of place playing beside Neidermeyer at all. He played better then Chara and a number of other highly ranked d-men.

Brewer did have a slow start to the year but after the x-mas break his game took a leap and he continued to improve throughout the year and into the WC. His play earned him a spot on the World Cup team. And high praise from Gretzky himself, where he mentioned that Brewer would be in the top 6 and Redden may not.

Kesla is very good and does have a lot of potential but I think you maybe mistaken in thinking Kesla has more trade value them Brewer right now. Brewer has done more, plays at a higher level, and is just coming into the age when d-men traditionally break out (25-28). Brewer is a more highly valued player right now. Kesla may pass him eventually but he isn't there yet