View Single Post
Old
06-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
at this point, I don't know what makes Lundmark a potential top 6 forward. He's fighting for his life among the likes of Josh and Mike Green and others for a regular spot on this team. No special treatment for Jamie at this point. He's 23 going on 24 years old this season and has shown brief flashes of greatness, and many other flashes of not being big and competitive enough for this league. Yeah he's young, but he's running out of chances to prove himself in this league, from my standpoint at least. With that said, I only trade him if it's a good deal, obviously. If he has little value now, it does no good to trade him. If the Rangers sign Umberger and there's a decent deal on the table, I don't mind saying bu-bye to him. But who knows what the market is for him...and his $1+ million salary. That ain't chopped liver to many.

I agree totally. At some point we have to stop heaping excuses onto this kid and see him for what he may be: another bust in that strange '99 draft. If the right deal comes along I'd move him without any regrets and wish him luck.