View Single Post
Old
07-05-2008, 04:31 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
And then take into consideration that Pitts just lost Hossa and without him, they were barely a playoff team last year.
sorelosersayswhat? so since we lost 4-1 to them that makes us what? if they were barely a playoff team without Hossa that's a real backhanded way of saying we were their playoff excrement. You could argue the series would have been closer but it still would have been close.

I think we already have too many roster quality players. It's obvious we have to shed some players. We currently are two players over unless Sather is going to seriously waive both Orr and Hollweg. I doubt Orr goes anywhere. And I'm sure he didn't sign Rissmiller to sit on the bench. The problem is we don't have a 2nd line winger. Callahan, Fritsche, Sjostrom are all not 2nd line talents. Prucha on RW is the only close option we have ATM but if that fails we are really out of options. Selanne makes a lot of sense. Maybe not 100% financially but when has that stopped Glen. He usually figures something out. I personally would like to see Hollweg traded to the Kings. How fitting he should play in Hollywood! Really don't know why we signed Rissmiller. Especially so early. Fritsche totally makes him moot. And at $1M??? That's like 3rd liner money.

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Selanne
Prucha-Dubinsky-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Fritsche
Orr-Rissmiller-Sjostrom == Log Jam
Hollweg

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Prucha
Fritsche-Dubinsky-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Rissmiller/Sjostrom
Orr

make it happen (and work) Slats!