Naslund is a LW

Zherdev is a RW

Dawes is a LW

Korpedo is a LW

Callahan is a RW who used to be a C at some point

Prucha was a C who has scored most of his goals as a LW in the NHL

We lack a true second line RW.

My ideal first line is Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev

My ideal second line is Dawes - Drury - ?

My ideal third line is Prucha - Dubinsky - Callahan

The question is, would you try Fredrik Sjostrom at second line RW? He is a natural RW and was drafted as a scoring winger not a third liner.
I don't know where to put Korpedo either. One of Callahan, Korpedo, Prucha is gonna get screwed. I would give Prucha the chance to stick in the 2nd or 3rd line because he has proven he can score. Callahan can put some in but he is more a worker and energy player. Dawes has the offensive potential and has chemistry with Drury, can Korpedo play RW and put some goals in? All these young players have potential, just none of them has erupted yet outside of that first line.
apparently Naslund played RW last two seasons but look where that got him...

check out the Selanne thread Draft Guru started! Of course there would be an insane logjam but Selanne >>>>>>> Bertuzzi.

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Selanne

No to Sjostrom on the 2nd line. With our current logjam, Korpikoski has gotta stay in HFD another season. I really hate that Sather signed Rissmiller and Voros (not as much). Unless he's going to turn around and trade the rights to Sjostrom and Fritsche...

Prucha-Dubinsky-Callahan
Rissmiller-Betts-Voros ??? (I'm assuming Slats signed those two to play)

Korpedo has nowhere to play unless Prucha is traded. Or plays on the 2nd line with Dawes and Drury but then that line would be... well Prucha needs to have a monster year for that line to work.

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Prucha
Korpikoski-Dubinsky-Callahan
Rissmiller-Betts-Voros

still this scenario assumes that Sather trades Sjostrom, Fritsche, and Hollweg away. Yeah, even without Korpikoski in, our lineup needs

One crazy idea is to use Naslund on the RW where he hasn't had as much success.

Drury-Gomez-Naslund
Dawes-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Prucha-Fritsche-Callahan
Rissmiller-Betts-Voros
Sjostrom/Orr
trade/waive Hollweg

I think that's the only way our roster would work out currently.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote