View Single Post
Old
07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
necessaryroughness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
welp, was dead wrong on cooke. added him to the charts now. good on shero for getting him at that price. that makes 21 roster spots more or less spoken for, not including pesonen (possibly). i think pesonen will have a better shot at making the team than some of these WBS guys because he might actually be able to play top 6 down the road.

cooke basically makes stone an AHLer for another year. when pesonen's numbers are released, he'll probably be #22 on the roster, leaving a last small contract for the taffe/brent ilk. i think they'll bring taffe back.

when it's all said and done, i think the pens will have a little over $1mil of cap space when the season opens, assuming no trades are made. maybe about $1.2mil.
There's too much smoke in the sydor rumors......I would hope and I kinda expect now that he'll be dealt that'll create some room.......I do hope that we don't have to give up scuderi though to deal sydor he was solid for us and his salary is low so we should keep him around for now and if we have to deal maybe we can deal him during the deadline for a big time winger to put us over the top IMO.