View Single Post
Old
07-06-2008, 09:05 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I do not think so. If Drury is not playing on the wing, it means that he is the 2nd line center. Which would make Dubinsky the 3rd line center. A 3rd line of Fritsche-Dubinsky-Callahan could be a nice, young, energetic line that knows how to play at both ends of the ice.

Given the upgrade in speed, it's Sjostrom who seems to be the odd-man out on the bottom two lines. This team needs size and attitude from the bottom-2 lines. With the line that I mentioned up top, coupled with a Voros (probably signed to be Hollweg's replacement)-Betts-Orr (let's be frank, we all know that he is playing each night), the team does generate some sort of energy and physical play from them.
I find the Dubinsky argument amusing. Some people feel that he was a product of Jagr, and then want to put him on the 3rd line, thereby ignoring the fact that he played well with an offensive-minded winger. Wouldn't that be prove that he can play with offensive-minded wingers as a top six forward, and actually be successful? I see people worried about toughness in the top six, and placing Dubi at 3rd line center. Frankly, I don't think there's a chance Dubi goes to 3rd line center. I think that spot is going to be left open to see if AA can win the spot; if he can't, we'll see a temporary solution until he is ready.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote