View Single Post
Old
07-06-2008, 09:24 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLeetch2 View Post
i totally agree but saying anything but the conference finals is a failure thats a little harsh....to be a top 4 team is not something that comes that easy
The point is, the organization and the players, even with these changes, believes it can and will challenge for the Cup.

And, truthfully, I believe this is a most talented team the Rangers have iced in the post-lockout era. Lundqvist is still on his way to his prime, the defense is as deep and talented as there's been here in a long time, despite the loss of Jagr, the additons of Naslund and especially Zherdev and Fritsche, the possible upgrades on the 4th line of Voros and Rissmiller, the further development of Dubinsky, Dawes and Callahan, and the possible youthful infusion of the likes of Korpikoski, AA and/or Byers, make the forwards as deep and versatile, and especially as fast as we've had here, also. In my mind, it then comes down to cohesion and chemistry. It's Renney job as coach, and Gomez, Drury and Redden's job as prospective team leaders to get this roster all on the same page from day one.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote