View Single Post
Old
07-06-2008, 11:24 AM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portishead View Post
The Montreal Canadiens would be better suited, in my opinion, as a club the rolls 3-offensive lines.
The ideal centers woud be: Sundin, Plekanec & Koivu (in no particular orders).

I don't think it is that much of a stretch that the CH would target O'Sullivan eventhough I doubt he ends up here.

Higgins & Latendresse, which I see as being on the 3rd line with Lapierre alot on some posts, would be somewhat of a waste to me...

Tanguay, Higgins, both Kostitsyn's, Latendresse & Kovalev needs to be offensive players on an offensive line (eventhough most of them can also play effective 2-way games).

If you pair any of them with Lapierre, it is going to take out a whole lot of offensive punch.
Thus why I believe we need to roll three offensive line and keep Lapierre as an energy, checking line type of player.

(By the way I saw him, Lapierre, playing at Repentigny yesterday in some tournament along with Jason Pominville. It was great, he was constantly smiling, laughing, skating, dangling, shooting. They were both great eventhough they clearly didn't play at their normal level. Lapierre had a surprising sets of hand against lower competition. On another team, Derick Brassard was just flying. Very, very accurate passer to go with his creativity and a natural smooth skater. He'll be a good one).

Anyway, I'd like O'Sullivan but I doubt it is Gainey's type of move to get a player like him at this time of year. Just doubtful to me.
It looks like a possible backup plan to Sundin

znk is offline   Reply With Quote