View Single Post
Old
07-06-2008, 01:07 PM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
In regards to the PP, the only time in 3 freaking years we had a right shot play the left point and a left shot play the right point was when Karel Rackunek scored two goals in a game with Mara out there with him. WE NEVER TRIED IT AGAIN!!!!

Our points never have the ability to go D to D for a one timer and frankly its the reason our PP stinks. You cant shoot when you have no angle, the shot will get blocked. This is hockey 101, a course Tom Renney has clearly never taken. Matt Cullen is a stud on the point, did we use him? No... Chris Drury loves the one timer from the top of the left circle. He ever set up shop there? No...

As for Dawes, its an example of Renney's inability to recognize talent and chemistry. Dawes-Gomez-Shanny had it. Dawes and Gomez still have it but Renney will never leave them alone. Remember how well Avery played with Jagr? Avery gets hurt and we never went back to it. When we were having trouble scoring goals, it was an adjustment Renney had to make and he simply didn't. Renney doesn't believe in matchups or chemistry. Just keeping rolling out the Hollwig-Betts-Orr line and everything will be ok, huh Tom?
And to think that we have been wasting our time pinning our hopes on a coach who.......... Hmm off the top of my head..... is a former Canadien National coach. Led the Kamloops Blazers to back to titles and a Memorial Cup.Head coach of Team Canada. Helped lead Team Canada to Gold medals on 05 and 06 and a silver in 07. Director of player personnel for the NY Rangers and former head coach of the Canucks. Oh and I believe he coached Team Canada in the 94 Olympics. Think he got a medal there too. I'm impressed that Tom was able to accomplish so much with such limited vision.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote