Thread: Line Combos: Line ideas
View Single Post
Old
07-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timisgood89 View Post
The point that some people fail to see is that gagne and carter shoot way too much for a line like that to work.

The two would not get as many shot opportunities if they played together on the same line, and this would hurt both players production.

Can't work, won't work, don't even try it.

I'd like to see a pass-first, true playmaking winger like Giroux play with a shooting center like Carter - seems like the perfect match.
Sounds like Briere to me...

Forget putting Giroux on Carter's wing for now -- at least not until he has gotten some games under his belt and shows what he can consistently do at the NHL level. With Briere passing to him, Carter is a LOCK for 40 goals, and finally maximizing his goal scoring potential should be a main focus this upcoming season.

Yeah, having Gagne and Carter on the same line -- even if they're with Briere -- probably wouldn't work, but I was throwing it out there anyway because of the success Briere and Gagne had together before Simon's injury. I guess a true grinder like Hartnell is a much more ideal fit to complete that first line with Carter and Briere. Additionally, putting Gagne on Richards' wing instantly makes the second line (line 1B, really) a great two-way unit.

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Gagne-Richards-Lupul

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote