View Single Post
Old
07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Cactus Jack

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo View Post
It was the same results with a bad season by Kipper, and a line-up that was showing it's age for sure. Despite Tanguay, Juice, Lombardi and pretty much everyone who isn't named Dion or Jarome failing to live up to expectations, Keenan still somehow managed to land the seventh seed.

I think that's admirable, and hopefully indicates that we can expect a better season next year.
You're giving Keenan too much credit. I think playing your top playmaker in Tanguay on the pk and giving him mostly second line ice time with guys that combined scored 28 goals would probably lead to a down year. Ditto for Lombardi even playing with worse wingers last year than in 2006.

I find it interesting that after the last 3 years with different coaches they all had similar results albeit with different problems. Not enough offense, not enough defense and general inconsistency.

I don't like Keenan or Sutter, but I'd give them another year. Sutter is beloved by management and he thinks Keenan (who hasn't won a playoff round since when? 1994? And how many years was he unemployed in the NHL?) is an elite coach, so unfortunately neither are going anywhere. However, after a 4th straight first round loss, should it occur, you'd have to look hard at getting rid of them.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote