View Single Post
Old
07-07-2008, 09:56 PM
TheCanuckInOttawa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck4life View Post
if we get kovalchuk it's like that darth maul light Sabre. luongo is one end and kovy is the other. dare to dream, dare to dream

pretty sick if you ask me... 2 franchise players ughhhh, so sick

ok, say if he does come here for the sedins, we basically trade away an entire line. but then we gain something very valuable, INTENSITY.

the sedins style of play is not INTENSE, it does not frighten or dazzle, and it is not clutch. btw, kovalchuk is probably one of the most clutch international performers. he scored what was it? 4 goals in one game, and then he made ovechkin say, "yes he is the man" a couple of months ago

i'm not sure if there were other teams that won the stanley cup with this format. one star forward and one star goalie. i guess we'll begin the precedent.

-another way i see this deal going down is, MG really believes our prospects are high-end. he would have lots of faith in them, to bring them straight into the NHL, without any prior experience (ALA hodgson, grabner)

another thing we gain is, kovalchuk's two years of youth compared to the sedins. he is currently 25 and sedins are 27. meaning the sedins only have at most 6 years of productiveness, meanwhile kovalchuk's best is yet to come.

-the downside is that i'm unsure if he would be as productive. the western conference is NOT RUN AND GUN. everyone checks you like a biatch. if your tempers rattle, and dampen your performance, it may be the worst move for the nucks.

with all that being said, i only see this trade as a rebuild type of move. i just don't see it as a quick fix. but it is designed for the future.... great things are yet to come.

for example, i'm skeptical, contract talks are going great between sedins and MG, that's another reason why MG would opt to trade them. **perhaps, get them back through UFA.... what a conspiracy** or better yet, we can get gaborik to play alongside him, that would easily be the scariest duo in the NHL

kovalchuk-possibly demitra- gaborik.
that would be like bure/mogilny all over again
Where does this Kovalchuk idea come from?

TheCanuckInOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote