View Single Post
Old
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
CapsWolverinesUSA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Mitera with Kampfer???

Kampfer played much of this past year with Langlais and they were pretty good together too. Why would Red separate the two? I just don't see it happening...or certainly not the two most experienced guys being in the same pairing.
Red has a history of tag-teaming his two best defense. He did it for 2 years with Matt Hunwick and Jack Johnson. Before that, he did it with Komisarek and Jillson.

The basis for my guess is that it would be usual to put a freshman on the 1st pairing when there are so many returning starters. On the other hand, it would be somewhat risky to leave the 3rd pairing with 2 freshman on many nights. If you assume someone has to drop down to that 3rd pairing, and Mitera isn't going to be paired with Burlon, then my set-up is the only one that works. Kampfer is ready to be the go-to offensive defensemen with Summers moving to the forward ranks. If he is the PP quarterback, he pretty much has to be in the first pairing according to Michigan's system.

Langlais is an extremely adaptable player. He also doesn't have much offensive upside. Burlon is a good match for him.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote