View Single Post
Old
07-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Raistlin1022

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe blow View Post
While on the topic of Demitra, can someone please clarify something for me. People always say that Demitra is injury-prone and misses too many games. Well, I was just looking at his stats, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=1325, and since 2001-2002 (6 NHL seasons), he has played 68 games or more each season, with the exception of 2005-2006 when he played 58. While not an exceptional record, he has played 425 out of 492 games in those 6 years, or 86.38% of the possible games.

So my question is, would most people consider that a lot of games to miss, or are some posters just going on general perception when they say Demitra is too injury-prone? I should add that I am referencing CDC posters as much as HF posters, butI have seen the comment made on both.
He's not that bad, but I just remember whoever he lines up with also rubs off on his bad mojo hahaha. You cannot discount the one season he missed significant time though. Anyways, post lockout, he's due to miss 1 out of every 5 games. he's good for around 55-65 games and around 50-60 points if he signs with us. With a defensive system and loads of travel that seems a likely scenario.

Raistlin1022 is offline   Reply With Quote