View Single Post
Old
07-08-2008, 12:54 PM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
When were we "dominated" by Pittsburgh? The only game I can think of was game 5. Every other game (according to anyone else out there) was close and anyone's game.

So unless you watched a different series than everyone else, I have no idea what you're referring to. Can't be the 2007/2008 NHL Playoff 2nd round match-up.
Under your definition a team could be swept in 4 and not be dominated. The only game the Rangers were able to win was the obligatory last stand at home to prevent being shut out.

While watching the games I felt it was clear who the better team was. Even when the Rangers jumped out to that first lead I thought they were being outplayed and the scoreboard eventually did reflect that.

Do you believe that if both rosters would have remained pat that the Rangers could possibly have beaten the Penguins next year? Even with the loss of Hossa they are ridiculously talented and ridiculously young.

It's impossible to know the effects of all these off season changes right now but it's awfully difficult to picture beating them next year either unless Crosby or Malkin goes down and the Rangers remain injury free like they did last year, an event unlikely to occur again.

Last edited by chosen: 07-08-2008 at 02:12 PM.
chosen is offline   Reply With Quote