Thread: 4th Line
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2008, 02:30 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I gotta tell you that when I look at that group of forwards I think this team ain't going to do much this season. The top line seems interesting, and in a sense seems like it would clash too. That's where you wish you had a 30 year old Shanahan. So Gomez gets a couple new linemates and Dubi's strating over and the only continuity is Drury and Dawes who played together, although not extensively. Talk about growing pains. And the defesnsive pairs are all new. I do think that Renney will at least have a left defenseman with a right defenseman (Redden/Rozsival, Girardi/Staal) though; or he may keep Staal with Rozsival so at least one pairing has familiarity.
Good points Fletch, there could be some growing pains in and about the lineup for sure. But the Rangers went through the same thing last year with Jagr as the center of the struggle.

I would like to think that this year, guys like Naslund and Redden will adapt quicker because the WANT to and have more leadership qualities. I also feel that the style of play Renney is designing will be more straightforward and complimentary to these new players he acquired.

But im not naive to think its going to be overnight.

The Rangers really do have to get another body in here to play the second line. I think that will frame out the lineup nicely and give the Rangers the depth they need to go along with the defense and goaltending.

We shouldn't expect anything this week though, because the Rangers brass is in Alaska golfing in Gomez's tournament.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote