Thread: 4th Line
View Single Post
Old
07-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Yeah, I already had done a thread where I wrote that we likely won't get better next year. Probably the same second round or even worse, first round and out. In response I got flamed for "panicking".

But I'm looking at it long term. Adding Zherdev was good progress for the future. Fritsche should also be a good future asset to either play or to be traded.

I like the DZ pick, i was probably the only person who wanted an offensive defenseman drafted because Sang is not any kind of a sure thing and with both Sang and DZ, we can now be pretty confident that we'll have ONE offensive defenseman capable of playing on the first pairing.

Redden will be a top 4 defenseman for most, if not all, of his contract.

So we made some good progress so far this summer. This season won't be anything special, but we are making good progress for the future.

Think long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I gotta tell you that when I look at that group of forwards I think this team ain't going to do much this season. The top line seems interesting, and in a sense seems like it would clash too. That's where you wish you had a 30 year old Shanahan. So Gomez gets a couple new linemates and Dubi's strating over and the only continuity is Drury and Dawes who played together, although not extensively. Talk about growing pains. And the defesnsive pairs are all new. I do think that Renney will at least have a left defenseman with a right defenseman (Redden/Rozsival, Girardi/Staal) though; or he may keep Staal with Rozsival so at least one pairing has familiarity.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote