View Single Post
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered User
frito's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by DucksRule00 View Post
Live in SoCal. 3 Local Rinks here.
You need to register with USA Hockey and then find out who the local head of officials to see about required meeting attendence etc. In Cincinnati we have to earn a certain number of points in order to ref a game. Points are given by attending ref clinics to enhance skills, attending monthly association meetings etc. We get so many points for excused absense such as hockey practice, school/work event etc. We get more points for actually attending. It's pretty well run.

Click on USA Hockey Officials. It will provide you with the information necessary to to get started.

Oh, and we do get paid better than PEI, but not as well as some of the other folks. A peewee game will go for low/mid $20's. Fees are based on age classification and level (i.e. house, travel etc.)

frito is offline   Reply With Quote